Monday, November 2, 2009

HW 17- Response to Partner's Outlines

Marco,

I liked your outline. It was pretty similar to mine, but with respect to your thesis, I would highly recommend that you pick a position instead of taking a middle road. I see how with this topic it is especially tempting to talk about the bad and good, but in order for you to have a much stronger paper, you need to have an opinion. I'm not trying to say that your thesis is bad, because your premise and outline are both really good. I think that additionally you should use some examples from your own research and interviews. Taking points from other resources will definitely increase the validity and strength of your paper.

I am looking forward to reading your paper, and I want to see this outline developed. Knowing you, this should turn out really well. Good luck!

__________

Beatrice,

I really liked your outline. Unlike mine, it actually was an outline which clearly laid out the foundation for your paper. I know that you are really opinionated, so I am almost sure that your paper is not going to take the middle road in the hope of avoiding that opinion. I hope you bring something unique to your paper by taking outside sources into consideration. Most everyone is using the same books (Feed and EBIGFY) to support their arguments, but I think your paper will probably not be like the others. That I think would be best executed by taking other sources (like you did with the reference to "The Jungle" in a prior post) to really make the reader think. If you use examples which people aren't familiar with, it might make them dig a little deeper to figure out what you are talking about. Making people think more is in my opinion, what makes a better paper.

Stay ^

Jake F.

No comments:

Post a Comment